Thursday, April 27, 2006

Apo cito eh Daro

From the time when they were born, my mother has been taking care of my children being the fact that I lived with my parents before and after marriage. Being a working mom, a wife and student certainly need a superwoman in you. I have been in employment immediately after my SPM in 1984 to support my parents and it remains the most important factor in my working life ever since. Due to that I was not able to further my studies albeit results were good.

After three years of working experience, I enroll for off-campus studies at local university. In between period, I got married, give birth to Along and Angah, and manage to complete my Diploma as well. Through the years, it was my mom who takes care of my two children. Being married at young age has its pros and cons. My hubby and I started off from zero. We went through the ups and downs before we had what we possess now and still striving for a better live for us and the children, at the same time uphold our responsibility to both my parents and his.

While we were busy with our own commitment and obligation, the children grown in the care of my parents. Nevertheless we were emotionally involved and never at any point of time that I disregard them. We finally moved to our own abode adjacent to my parent’s home back in 1994. I have always wanted living on my own (for some reason I don’t want to be too dependent on my parents) and I was very contented. At this point in time, I had left my former employer to work for a better position in a prominent organization.

My daily routine is to drop the children at their grandma on the way to office and fetch them in the evening. Time flies and before you knew it, I had given birth to Alang and Adek. After giving birth to Alang, I went to pursue my degree at my former university (doing off campus studies again) and graduated six month after Adek was born. Still the routine continues. At one stage, I decided to hire a maid to take care of Alang and Adek as Along and Angah had started schooling but not for long, I had problem with my marriage (This will be elaborated further in my future write-up). I realize that the children are better to be in the good hands of their grandma.

Apparently my mom and dad finally decided they wanted to spend their time at their very hometown in KP (my parent have be living in PJ since late 60’s). They had requested to bring along the children. I was of course reluctant at first but having a problem marriage, I had no other options at that point time but to agree. I still remember Along and Angah were in their form one and standard five respectively while Alang entering his first year of school. Adek was just 4 years old then. It was quite bizarre in the beginning but gradually we reconcile. The journey of a weekend parent begins since.

No comments: