Friday, May 19, 2006

A Journey To Remember 2001 ~ 2002

2001 ~ Major Financial Crisis

Our financial burden became crucial and we brawl all the times. Hubby no longer contributes in the household expenses and I had to uphold all the liabilities. I struggle my way to meet the increase in expenditure by working seven days a week even on public holidays. I became extremely depressed with the situation until to some extent when the org offer VSS, I gladly accepted the offer. I felt relieve after sending my application just ten minutes before the closing hour. There goes my ten consecutive years of service with the org (1992 – 2001).

I had planned that I am going to settle all my debt with the compensation and make myself debt free and I did. I clear up all my credit cards, whatever small loan, etc, and the balance as a little savings incase I did manage to find a job. But god is great. Remember the job hunt I did earlier finally pay off when an org. called for interviews during my last few days with the existing org. I prayed that I get the job because only a few days left before I am officially unwaged (with a little compensation off course but definitely it will not last long before the money depleted). I need a job for an obvious reasons. Again, my prayers answered when I was offered the post. I was auspicious for being jobless less than a week before I report for duty at my new office.

By this time around, both BIL had already left the house to live on their own. They just left one fine day without giving any notice, similar to when they came as uninvited guest of the house. What a manner these young people have nowadays!!. Obviously I had no idea why they left and I don’t care. Later it comes to my surprise when one of them confiscates our car, which was purchased under his name. After massive negotiations, we failed to repossess the vehicle (I’ll explain this further in my future write-up) so I decided to use whatever savings to purchase a new MPV but I curse them that they are going to suffer because of their transgression.

2002 ~ Year of despair

While I was happy with my new job, back home was a disaster. Hubby and I are no longer in talking terms. The most heartbreaking outburst was when I discover that hubby was an addicted gambler with tons of debt owing to AhLoong. Without my knowledge he has been a frequent customer of PS from the time when he was transferred to his new office at JTP during the merger. My heart was so damn sore. I just couldn’t believe it. I worked so hard to lessen his financial burden and there he is creating another mess. He really makes a total blunder of himself. I confronted him for an explanation but nothing comes out from his mouth, not talking or telling me anything. The silence is deafening my ears. I just couldn’t describe my emotions at that moment.

I’ve got no one to turn to not event my parents. The only strength I have was the kids. (sob). I tried my best to keep going at the same time trying to figure out how to overcome the tribulation. By now hubby and I are in our separate bedrooms. We were not in talking terms as if we are both in a different world. We only exchange a few words on important matters otherwise we are like strangers in our own house. I continue to send and fetch the kids from my parent’s house and hubby will find his own ways to work.

I filled my frustration by surfing the net during my break and came across this matchmaking website that attract me to register with my nickname and to my surprise I begin to receive enormous response in my inbox. I get fascinated with my new hobby and soon found new contact and companion in the cyber world. And believe me it really makes me forget the entire sticky situation. I get associated with people who never fail to amuse me with their word of advice and get myself entertained whenever I was down in the dumps with their shaggy dog story.

This has also eventually changed my perception towards my entire life. I am beginning to be more conscious of my outer shell. I embark on aerobic classes and went for a stringent diet until my weight trim down tremendously. I had transform into a new person that I myself could not believe it.

(to be continued….)

No comments: