Friday, May 05, 2006

Weekend Pleasures

I had a marvelous weekend with the kids. It was indeed a pleasant and enjoyable ones. At the point of writing on this blog, Along is still enjoying his so-called “holiday” at home. He has few more days before sending him back to KP to resume his study.

I pick the kids back to KL on Friday evening. Lucky me the traffic flow was smooth all the way and manage to reach home just before 8.00pm. right away rush to the grocery to buy some stuff for dinner. I manage to storm out Hailam Mee specially requested by my darling Alang.

On Saturday morning, we had scramble egg with bread for breakfast (of which Alang whine not his taste of breakfast – well this kid of mine is very fussy when it comes to foodstuff, too many abstention - in the end he just had “teh tarik” and “keropok") whilst Along, Angah and Hubby still under the blanket. I dunno what time they got up bcoz by then I’m already at the neighbor house giving a hand for their I kenduri. We had lunch at the kenduri after which all of us dozed off till evening.

Late evening, the whole bunch went to visit my auntie at SP. Its been quite sometime since we last visited them (which we usually do those days when the kids were here) so its kinda family get-together for all of us. As usual auntie will prepare her specialty cuisine i.e Hailam Mee (oh no, not again?? but Alang’s face smiling away hehehe - actually my aunt was the one who gave me that recipe)

Left auntie’s place at about 7.00pm for KLCC. It was quite surprising actually, when KLCC was less crowded than the usual (during weekends & holidays). We went up to Kinokuniya as the kids wanted to buy some books. Angah as usual bought herself a novel whilst Alang and Adek had their storybooks. As for Along, nothing at his interest to purchase? Hubby was just browsing outside the shop coz he can’t stand the kids searching all over the place for the books and subsequently undecided, which books to buy (if possible they wanna have all but mommy have limited cash-on-hand J) hence each one get one only. After the tired round of browsing, we went off to the square to enjoy the fountain show. We take our leave after spending about half hour or so and continued the night at mamak’s for supper. Upon reaching home, I was dead beat and straight away went to bed with Adek (after preparing Adek’s milo in a feeding bottle, of course – yes she is still on bottle feed at the age of seven) whilst Angah and Alang can’t wait to start off with their reading adventure. I felt asleep soon after leaving the kids in their own planet.

Sunday was heaven as everyone woke-up late so was mommy. Anyway I got up just in time to prepare fried rice for breakfast before it begin hullabaloo when I started screaming everyone to get up and get dressed to attend the wedding. We arrive at the wedding in Kg. Semarak (it was a squatters area so its kinda inconvenience for car to pass by and we had to park the car one km away from the house) almost 2.00pm but the place was so crammed that we had to park ourselves on separate tent. The kids were sitting in one corner and hubby and mommy had to sit another corner. Anyhow, the bride was so enchanting in stunning green kebaya whilst the bridegroom was quite a good- looking guy. I think they are such a matching couple. I wish them a happily marriage ever after and always remember that marriage is not the end of problem but the beginning of hassle hehe! (isn’t that so true, people? – hey I’m talking thru my own experience occay)

Subsequently after the wedding, except hubby, everyone opted to proceed to BTS thus majority prevail. Traffic was rather congested on the way to BTS from JTR headed towards Imbi but we finally made it to BTS. We park the car at the adjacent building (where the AB office was) and it costs RM6 per entry. Blearghhhhh!

Alike KLCC, BTS too wasn’t that crowded either and we had our free and easy browsing the shops until Angah enter one of the VCD’s shop searching for her favorite Korean movie “Save your last dance for me” (sound familiar?). I notice she has been eyeing for this stuff ever since it ended on TV screen and she had the title & character written everywhere on her study table. I did thought of buying it as her birthday present recently, but I find the cost was incredibly expensive (it cost RM139.90 at Speedy.) Apparently the shop was selling at RM89.90 only! Angah told me she has saved up to RM60 from her pocket money for that purpose and request me to top-up another RM30. Considering the efforts she made, I generously give her my portion as a belated birthday gift. I can see how excited she was while Adek & Alang gave the impression of sharing the joyfulness. Along as usual kept his silence as if he was in his own world. No request no nothing.

We continue browsing until we reach the Cosmo World. Only the young ones prefer to enter the theme park whilst the eldest prefers to walk around the complex so hubby agreed I took Alang & Adek into the park. The admission fees cost me RM55 for an adult and two children. Well its considered reasonable as compared to LGT theme park hehe. Alang & Adik enjoyed themselves with their cho-cho train ride, the crazy bus ride, the merry-go-round and the flying bees. Unfortunately Alang exceeded the maximum height for the bumper-to-bumper and the ship ride. He was frustrated so I had to cheer him up with the sand arts colouring instead and had to spent another 20 bucks. (mommy pokai big time beb!)

Make our exit after spending more than two hours in the park and hubby had his furious face already (well everyone will get on their nerves if they had to wait for more then an hour would't u?). On the way home, we stop for “teh tarik” at mamak’s and afterthat send Alang & Along for hair cut at Nathan’s. While waiting for them, I prompted nearby pasar malam to get stuff for dinner and we proceeded home thereafter.

When dinner is over, everyone had their own agenda. Alang & Along were busy with PS, Angah already enjoying her VCD whilst hubby at the PC playing the zuma game. Adek continued reading her storybook and myself just can’t wait to exit to bed.

Come Monday I’ve got to send them back to KP except for Along. Hubby & I decided that I will be the one sending them back coz my dad had requested to leave the other car at KP whilst hubby & Along will be maid of the day to do some spring cleaning. Eventually I will get a ride home from my brother whose on his way back from his holiday in KTN. We arrive at KP after a two hours journey. The kids were then busy preparing for school and by late evening there was a heavy downpour. My brother had to delayed our departure since traffic was slow moving along S-KP road and announcement at era that traffic was motionless at the north-south highway. We make a move about 10pm after saying goodbye to the kids.

Here I am again back to my hectic career and looking forward for another Friday to approach which means another delightful weekend with the kids. Adios fella.


No comments: