Wednesday, April 12, 2006

AMLA

Last Thursday and Friday, I attended a training session on AMLA (Anti Money Laundring Act) - Know Your Customer (KTC) organized by our Training Dept. It was conducted by this guy from IBBM (Mr VK) which I find it very knowledgeable and interesting ones. I had lost touch of the Banking Practice since I took my VSS more than five years ago and I find that the Banking Practice has changed tremendously for the past five years. I've heard about this act before but with very minimal knowledge. I am now attached with an Institutions where we are more towards social obligation to our Bumiputra community. All that I've been practicing in the banking sector does not apply and I had difficult times dealing with my client here. They are either ignorant or they just don't bother. Being a compliance person makes you tend to be not the " popular ones " in this office and my days in the office are filled with anger and tense. We've had all the policy & procedures in place but it was never been followed. It sucks big time!! Anyway back to my training, it was a fun filled session coz this guy really knows his way to make all of us alive during the days especially after food. He makes hell of a joke of our SV and by the end of the course, I rate him all 5!! :)